Edgewood Pool & Community Center
Pool Rules & Regulations
THERE WILL BE A 5-10 MINUTE BREAK EVERY HOUR, ON THE HOUR, FOR OUR LIFEGUARD. THE POOL WILL BE CLEARED AT THIS TIME.
RULES LAST UPDATED APRIL 4, 2022
- Members and guests must maintain physical distancing of at least six (6) feet between people in the pool and on the pool deck.
- Members of the same party can participate in activities together and do not have to stay six (6) feet apart.
- If the pool has reached its maximum capacity of 40 members inside the pool area, members can add their names to a waitlist. At the hour mark, members will be asked to leave the pool to allow those waiting to use the facility and to allow time for sanitization.
- Members and guests with any symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus are prohibited from entering the premises. If a visitor has symptoms of COVID-19, lifeguards or board members will ask them to leave the pool, provide the visitor a face covering or mask, and help the visitor minimize their contact with lifeguards and other visitors before exiting the facility.
- No shared pool toys, noodles, kick boards, or other items will be available this summer.
- All deck chairs will be removed this summer. Members are permitted to bring their own portable chairs but they must be removed when you leave the pool area. Chairs that have been in the park prior to entering the pool area need to be wiped down to remove any grass, dirt or debris before bringing them onto the pool deck.
- Personal pool toys (diving rockets, pool noodles, balls etc. are permitted but are not to be shared)
- No flotation devices are permitted this year. Exceptions are small devices that are attached to swimmers/non-swimmers (example: life vests, water wings, or small life rings) if devices are not being used they need to be stowed away with the members family personal belongings.
- There will be a 5-10 minute break every hour, on the hour, for our lifeguard. The pool will be cleared at this time.
- Always obey the lifeguards. A whistle means danger. Be attentive to it. Stop what you are doing and listen to the lifeguard.
- Long hair must be tied up or in a swim cap before entering the pool.
- Waterproof sunscreen must be applied at least 15 min. before entering the pool.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Suntan oil and non-waterproof lotions are forbidden in the pool. please use water resistant sunscreen lotion only.
- No cotton clothing (t-shirts, jeans, etc.) of any kind is allowed in the pool.
- No diving or backwards jumps, running inside the fenced area, rough or unsafe play, playing on the ladder, or water guns .
- The following may be allowed at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty: playing catch or keep-away games in the pool, the use of snorkels, masks, or other objects.
- No spitting in the pool or on the deck.
- No food, gum, smoking, or glass containers inside the fence.
- Music allowed only with headphones.
- Do not swim if you have open wounds and bandages.
- Please, do not send sick children to the pool.
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- The phone is for emergency use only – incoming and outgoing.
- Non-member babysitters, nannies, and care providers are exempt from the guest fee when supervising members.
- Non-member babysitters, nannies, and care providers are not allowed without a member family.
- Non-members in swim lessons are not allowed to stay and swim after lessons without a member family and paying the guest fee.
- If a sibling or friend is brought to the pool to observe swimming lessons, that child must be supervised by the accompanying adult at all times and abide by the rules.
- Any member or guest found to be using alcohol, drugs, or tobacco at the pool will be immediately expelled from the pool. Upon dismissal, the member’s parent or guardian, if applicable, will be notified immediately, and the member or guest will be sent home.
- Any lost or found items will not be kept at the pool this year and will be discarded at the end of each day.
CHILDREN AND NON-SWIMMER POLICY:
Non-swimmers and children under the age of 5 must have a responsible adult in the water with them. All children under the age of 10 must be accompanied at the pool by an adult at all times. If a child uses any type of floatation device, they must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
THESE RULES APPLY TO ALL MEMBERS, GUESTS, AND NON-MEMBERS TAKING SWIM LESSONS. Violation of pool rules can result in suspension of pool privileges. Any misconduct or blatant violation of rules can result in cancellation of a family’s membership without a refund.