Edgewood Pool & Community Center
Parental Permission – Hold Harmless Agreement
1. I give permission for my child(ren) to go swimming in the Edgewood Pool.
2. I am aware of the inherent dangers and risks involved in Swimming, including, but not limited to: bodily injury to the eyes, nose, head, neck or back; sprains, fractures, breaks, or dislocations of the joints or limbs; lacerations, concussions, skin disease, or death. Additional risks include, but are not limited to:
a) Being bumped, kicked, or struck by others in the pool.
b) Collision with pool facilities (floor, ground, pool, flotation device, etc.).
c) Immersion in water (drowning).
3. I understand that due to the nature of swimming, contagious skin infections may occur. I agree that my child is responsible for personal hygiene, including showering before each session. Furthermore, I agree that my child must report any skin infection to the pool lifeguard staff, and to help prevent its spread as a result of body to body contact. I understand that in the event of a skin infection, my child will not be permitted to physically participate in swimming sessions until free of all contagious infection.
4. In the event of an injury or illness, I give permission for my child to be treated by appropriate emergency medical staff called to the scene. I also give permission for the emergency medical staff to administer any medications as indicated on his/her medical form.
5. I understand that Edgewood Pool & Community Center does not provide a ny accident or medical insurance and that I am required to provide it for myself and my child(ren). I agree that I am financially responsible for any and all medical expenses associated with my or my child’s participation in this program.
6. I agree, on behalf of myself, my child(ren), and our assigns, executors, and heirs, to indemnify, and hold harmless, Edgewood Pool & Community Center, its trustees, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability, damage and claims of any nature arising out of or in any way related to my or my child(ren)'s participation in this program except those things caused by the sole negligence of Edgewood Pool & Community Center.
7. I agree that Edgewood Pool & Community Center is not responsible for personal belongings lost or stolen of myself or my child(ren).
8. I understand that the terms of this agreement are legally binding and certify that I have signed this agreement on my own free will after carefully reading and fully understanding it.