I would like to personally thank you for the support and encouragement you’ve shown for the Pool and its new Board! We learned a lot this year. And we couldn’t have achieved record-breaking membership numbers without your enthusiasm! However, the reality is that the pool needs a tremendous amount of maintenance and improvements. Our current operational budget is barely enough to cover our off-season expenses, let alone fund the many maintenance projects that must be addressed before we can open next season.
We Need Your Help
We hope you will consider Edgewood Pool as you plan for your end-of-year-giving. There are a number of ways you can contribute, from in-kind gifts, financial contributions or volunteering your time. We will be sharing opportunities regularly here. If you know you’d already like to contribute to our nonprofit pool, Donate Here! Or you can choose us for your Amazon Smile Charity just choose, Edgewood Pool & Community Center.
Know Anyone Who Can Donate These Items?
To get the ball rolling, we are seeking in-kind gifts to beautify our pool and make it more functional.
- Lumber: we need to rebuild our lifeguard chairs this year as they are no longer safe for use.
- Tree Trimming Services: we need both dead limb removal as well as pruning to care for our beautiful grove of trees in the park.
- Half-light Door: the door to our pool house is rotting and also does not meet the current health code and needs to be replaced before next season.
- Paint: guard chairs and other touch-ups.
- Patio Furniture: this was the number one request in our end-of-season survey, and we would love to upgrade our seating options. We had to get rid of a number of the chairs last year and I’m sure we will find the same this coming season.
- Sign Printing: we would like to create a number of new signs for our pool policies as well as for the park.
- 2 iPads: These can be used or refurbished as long as they are functional and support iPad OS version 13 or higher. These will be used to upgrade our member sign-in procedures and help create a quick and easy system to support concessions, merchandise, and payment at any special events.
The more of these items we receive, the less cash we need to raise! Are you or someone you know able to help fill one of these needs? If so, please contact us at email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook!
Thank you for your continued support, let’s make this year our best season yet!
I Support the Pool!
This will help with basic maintenance and repairs.
I Love the Pool!
This will contribute to improving our aging facilities and pool house.
This level of giving will contribute to critical maintenance of our grounds and water quality system.
Edgewood Pool Champion
This level of giving will pay for the raw materials for one guard chair or other critical safety improvements.
Refresh our aging patio furniture, kick back and RELAX!!!
Name the Bot!
Help us upgrade our water quality system by purchasing a new vacuum system (poolbot). This will reduce our risk of algae blooms and increase water clarity and cleanliness.
Since 1963 the Edgewood Pool has been a cherished community resource. It has provided a place for the community to come together and learn the life skill of swimming. It is also the home of a beautiful, quiet park and a community garden that produces food for those in need in our local community.
In 2019 we achieved record membership thanks to your support! The new board learned a lot about the operations and maintenance requirements of the pool and grounds and now we need your help as we prepare to make the next 3-5 years successful and SAFE!
All funds raised will go directly toward pool improvements and repairs, including but not limited to: new lifeguard chairs, water quality system upgrades, grounds maintenance, building repairs, furniture, painting.
Your involvement is critical to the success of this effort. Thank you again for your help!
Are you a local business or service looking to sponsor our swim team?
Get recognized in our community by appearing on our website and apps!